Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

On Sunday, I received a call from Crew Scheduling telling me that I had a 7:30AM flight on Monday to St. Louis, MO with a return flight at 6:30AM on Tuesday back to Denver. No problem!



Let's just say...I felt pretty decadent getting off the plane after working only two hours and then going to a nice Marriott Hotel for the rest of the day! I had done a little homework and found that if I took the hotel shuttle back to the airport, I could pick up the Metrolink light rail system. So I bought an all-day pass for $4.50 and rode it to the stop for the St. Louis Arch. It was the first time I had seen it up close. I did not have any desire whatsoever to go into it, but my co-worker, Vicki did. Brave gal.

Afterwards, we rode the Metrolink back to an area called "The Loop" where there were tons of eclectic shops. There was a vintage clothing store, a head shop, a Mod furniture shop, a unique gift shop (and I do mean unique), and the St. Louis Walk of Fame (similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame). It was a fun way to pass the time.

While being a tourist, I received another call from Crew Scheduling - they tacked on a quick turn to Salt Lake City after I returned to Denver. I'm glad that they let me know a day ahead of time, so I didn't expect to be able to go home right after returning from STL. Instead, I had a quick turn to/from Salt Lake...the plane was pretty full both ways. When I got back, I called Crew Scheduling and they told me that I was released to my day off (Halloween!). Yippee!

I continue to meet all kinds/types of employees...happy ones, disgruntled ones, tired ones, upbeat ones. I try to take it all in stride and not let them adversely affect the way I feel. I told several the other day that I was still in the "honeymoon phase" - and it's wonderful!

No comments: