Monday, October 8, 2007

I Left My Heart.....in San Francisco

Well...not really! I was only on the ground for 40 minutes and didn't even have time to get off the airplane! This flight was different than last week's - this crew had an average of 4 years experience with Frontier (the last crew had an average of 12 years!), so this flight was a lot more laid back and relaxed. I shadowed the attendant in the back of the plane on the way out - we had a full flight (because United OVERBOOKED one of their planes severely and sent over about 40 passengers!). I made most of the announcements for that flight.

At SFO, I got to go into the cockpit with my classmate, and we tried on the pilot's oxygen masks - cool, cool, cool! I felt like Darth Vader! We had to do that as one of our class assignments. For the return flight, we had a total of about 20 passengers or so (in 119 seats)! It was a breeze. This time I shadowed the forward attendant, and I gave the safety demo at the exit row - for about 10 people! They all paid attention, and at the end I encouraged them to give me a round of applause (I had to start the clapping, but that's beside the point!) We arrived back in DEN around 11:30PM, and boy, was I beat.

Yesterday, I did a little shopping and then spent several hours at the GO (general office) practicing on the mockup. One of my classmates was there, too, and we critiqued each other as we performed an evacuation of the plane, gave CPR to a man and child, and helped a choking infant. It was a very productive (and fruitful - all our patients lived) afternoon.

No comments: