Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cherry Ames, Flight Attendant Nurse

I don't know how many of you remember Cherry Ames - when I was growing up, there were a series of books written about her adventures of being several different types of nurses. Today, I felt that she was sitting next to me in class and a new adventure book was being written about her life! We learned how to save a choking person, a person experiencing a heart attack, etc. What a day. Tomorrow is our written test. Our practical exam will be next Wednesday - before then, I'll have to put on my nurse's cap to try and remember what order things go in...

We had fun today "playing flight attendant." We have a mock-up of an airplane, and we watched as a few of our classmates conducted a "flight" - I was observing today, but I'm sure that before we graduate, we will each get a chance to practice. I continue to be amazed at the level of training that we are receiving...just incredible.



It's that time again - I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, and I still have hours of studying ahead of me...

2 comments:

Maddog said...

SQ,

Actually I forgot about your blog and had never even viewed one till today. So I read the posted items. Sounds like your flight to DC had some heavenly input - glad you were at ease.

Re: Cherry Ames - never heard of her. Perhaps if sha had been a hooker.

Hope that Greg gets to pin your wings - but he's gotta slave away in private practice hell - he should retire, I did.


Apparently I needed tohave some account w/Google which I didn't have, so I attempted to create one - Google's registration process "SUCKS" it took me at least 3 attempts.

f

Susan said...

f,

Thanks for being the first to leave a comment on my blog! I hope your courage encourages others to do the same...

SQ