Thursday, October 11, 2007

Aloha!

Today was "Hawaiian Dress Up Day" in honor of our overwater evacuation studies. I brought in my 6' tall palm tree (and set it right behind my seat so that I could bask in all its glory), my straw hat, my shell necklaces and my tall pina colada glass, complete with paper umbrella. I was, by far, the most decorated student. However, our instructors for the day - both men - wore grass skirts! It was a fun day.


Hope, Nancy and LuEllen


Me (with all my Hawaiian accoutrements) and Janel


Roz, JJ, Pat, Joe and Dymetra

We headed over to a hotel pool after lunch and got to get into a slide/raft. We also wore life vests and got to float around in them and form formations with our classmates. One called the zipper was so neat and RELAXING. I could have stayed like that all day.


Man, I hope I never have to experience this in real life!


Putting up the sun/rain cover - very tight quarters!


The instructors imitating large waves...

We are coming to the end of lessons - yippee! I am looking forward to NO MORE TESTS! Speaking of which, we have one tomorrow...so off I go to study some more.

No comments: