Friday, October 26, 2007

My First "Official" Trip!

What day is it and where the heck am I??!?!

I was the "A" flight attendant (forward) on a "turn" out of Denver to Salt Lake City, UT yesterday evening, and then on a "redeye" to Hartford, CT! We arrived at the hotel at around 6AM, and I discovered that when I am in a very darkened room I CAN SLEEP!

It was interesting to experience "being on my own" on the plane after getting such a glowing review the previous weekend...I learned that "I ain't all that!" (Jen, please forgive me for the phrase, but it really does fit.) There were things I did great (such as serving warm cookies and milk to the passengers at bedtime), and there were things I wish I had done differently (forgetting to make an announcement that the flight attendants needed to prepare doors for departure...oops). But all in all - I DID IT!

What is really neat is that all the stuff they taught us in five weeks of class is all "coming together" now that I'm seeing it in action. It is pretty neat.

Trying to figure out what to pack in my bags, what to bring in my lunchbox (so that this new experience in my life doesn't cause me to gain tons of new weight), and then how to lug it all from point A to point B is a learning experience. And I am proud to announce that I finished a Sudoku puzzle IN PEN while everyone else was sleeping...I had to stay awake somehow!

This afternoon, I'm hanging out with Steve & C.J. - Greg's classmates from Georgetown Dental School. They'll give me the nickel tour of their town and we'll grab a bite to eat. This is one of the perks of this job...I'll get to see people that I don't see very often!

We will leave tomorrow morning at 6:20AM and arrive back in Denver at 8:45AM. I get to go back on reserve duty at 9:15AM and am on until midnight!!! But Sunday is my day off! Yippee!

No comments: