Friday, March 5, 2010

SCORE!

I got sent to Ft. Lauderdale last night...the bad news is that we switched hotels last week, and that we're no longer at the incredibly beautiful Il Lugano. The good news is, is that we're at the Courtyard Marriott, right on the beach. So...I think I can handle that!

The first two pictures are of my hotel room (obviously). There are sliding french doors that would turn this room into a two-room suite. It's small, but it's very nice. I feel like I'm in a southern plantation.

This is my view out my window - I must be facing north. Nice to see so many beautiful palm trees!

And here's another view. We're here for a few more hours, and then back to Denver and on to Seattle for the night.

I did learn why we're in such a nice hotel here...it's because the passengers were a whole new breed! Needy, needy and more needy! Oh my gosh. Practically every time I would walk up/down the aisle doing beverages, food, collecting trash, just strolling, SOMEONE would want SOMETHING. And they'd want it at the most inconvenient time - a cart full of trash, and they'd want a soda RIGHT NOW!

A Summit (frequent flier top level) Member in the front row, who should know better, wanted to keep her purse with her and not put it in the overhead bin for take-off and landing. So she put it behind her back...I told her that, "no...it must go into the bin" she pouted and pursed her collagen-filled lips. As we were deplaning, she tried to "cross the line" into the forward galley before the doors were opened, and when we told her to "step back," she told us we were bossy! OMG. Bossy? Really? Who uses that word in this day and age? I told her that we're just trying to follow FAA rules and that we needed her cooperation. Sheesh. She pursed her puffy lips, showed no emotion on her Botox-filled face, and strutted her size 0, black-jean clad liposuctioned buttocks off our plane. Don't mind me. She was my age and I guess I'm just jealous...NOT!

Well, since I have only a few more hours here (I slept a bit later than I had expected to), I'm gonna head outside and take a nice stroll on the beach...we're off to Denver and then Seattle tonight!

No comments: