Saturday, March 6, 2010

Great Trip!

The return flight from FLL to DEN was a tough one...to give you a hint, there were 10 people who were heading to Aspen. Yup. A bit of entitlement was in the cabin. It was a lot of "me, me, me" during the flight.

Then next up, we flew to Seattle for the night. The passengers were a lot more relaxed and happy, and not so demanding as the previous flights. The overnight was not too long...but I got a good night's sleep. When I woke up, though, I couldn't quite figure out where I was. And it was only Day 3!

Our return to Denver this morning went well, but the highlight of my day was today's flight to ATL. Our flight was delayed almost an hour because the plane we were using was coming from Costa Rica and had been diverted to Houston. No one seems to know why that happened. But we were glad to finally get on the plane and welcome our passengers.

That's when the fun began. There was a nice old couple who were a riot from when they stepped on the plane! They'd been married 13 years, he was 85, and it was his third marriage (and first real wife). He was a real flirt! He even gave me a kiss on my cheek as he left the plane!

There was another guy on the plane who commented to me as he left the plane, "Boy, you really love your job, don't you?" I smiled and replied, "I sure do!" And he told me, "I can tell! Keep on smiling! You're a real people person!" I told him that this was a big career change for me - that I used to be a CPA. He was shocked and told me, "What a change! This is such a better place for you to be!"

Now we've got a short layover here in Atlanta...and I should be going to sleep. But I'm watching "What Not to Wear" and I wanted to get the comments down that the passengers shared with me today - it makes me feel awesome when people see and appreciate the effort that I put into my job!

We go back to Denver in the early morning...and I'm wondering if I'll hear those magic words, "You are released to your SEVEN days off!"

No comments: