Friday, March 19, 2010

The Good News and the Bad News

The good news is that I am finishing up five days of duty! The bad news is that I'm typing this entry on a new laptop computer. It turns out that my old one officially "drowned" in that NYC rainstorm. So sad.

The good news is that I started this five days of duty on Monday with a 6AM-Noon couch sit (I really don't mind it because there's no traffic at 4AM and I usually can nap on the couch), and the bad news is that at 11AM I got sent on a turn to Orlando because a flight attendant injured herself during the boarding process and the CPT took her off the flight (a bag fell and injured her shoulder). So instead of going home at Noon to visit my computer guru, I did not get home until 9PM after a close-to-14-hour duty day.

The good news is that I sat at home for the next two days! But the bad news is, is that I was waiting for the phone to ring! I would venture out on an errand every once in awhile without bringing my uniform and bags...I guess I like living on the edge!!!

The good news, again, is that I was at home, but the bad news was that I was coming down with a cold. Bummer.

The good news is that I got assigned to a trip for my last two days on duty! I got sent on an SLC turn and a DFW overnight, but the bad news is that my cold hasn't gone away, and I think the B flight attendant thinks I'm deaf when we're in flight. Really, I'm not...huh? What did you just say?

My final good news is that I had a very good night's sleep, stayed in bed a lot longer than I usually do, so I had lots of weird dreams, but I also got a lot of rest. I've been watching a bit of TV (Bubbiah , La-a's baby IS YOUR BABY *followed by lots of screaming*), talked on the phone a bit with Greg, and ate a meal or two while preparing for our 4:05PM van back to the airport, and my return for my day off (the rest of the crew has 3 more days on this trip).

My final bad news is that anywhere from 5-10" of snow is expected in Denver today, so I have my doubts as to whether or not I'll be able to make it home tonight, seeing as how the highway departments have eliminated snowplowing from their budgets (or so it seems). I'm hoping that all those snow reports were false alarms and that Denver will get only a dusting. I'll soon find out!

No comments: