Friday, March 26, 2010

Home, Sweet, Snow-Covered Home

I got home Wednesday evening after spending an enjoyable morning at iHop (not Denny's as I had originally thought - shows how observant that I am) with the Captain and First Officer. I even took a nap after brunch and was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and ready to head back to Denver.

The flight back to Denver was one of the best ones that I've experienced yet in my 2 1/2 years! Everything just clicked. I got along great with the crew, the passengers were super friendly, complimentary, calm, understanding - it was so much fun! I was laughing, cracking jokes, and having a grand time. THIS is why I do what I do!

Thursday was my lone day off, and I packed all kinds of errands into it - the bank, the grocery store, the eye doctor's glasses clinic, Target, etc. etc. etc. I figured that I'd get the 6AM couch for today, so I needed to get everything done.

And sure enough, I got that 6AM couch! But at 8AM this morning, they pulled me and Pedro off the couch and sent us on a turn to Seattle. It turns out that the original crew was stuck in Kansas City with a broken airplane. The third 6AM couch sitter got sent out at 7:30AM to do a DCA turn. That left them with no ready reserves from 8AM until Noon. Ouch!

The turn to Seattle was very uneventful and laidback. Everyone was so nice and calm - no drama. Pedro is one of my favorite flight attendants (he's from Puerto Rico), and he's the nicest guy. I didn't really get to talk to the CPT or FO very much - they rushed onto the plane and off we went!

And now I've been released from duty until 1AM. Unfortunately, it is snowing AGAIN. I am so sad and over snow! I'm watching it come down as "popcorn" snow now, and it's actually accumulating on the grass. Yech. I sure hope that crew scheduling doesn't call me any time soon! All I want to do right now is SLEEP! I started falling asleep behind the wheel (never good), and now I'm falling asleep at the computer. Maybe I'll take a nap...

No comments: