Saturday, February 27, 2010

Change in Plans

Well...the flight from Indianapolis to Cancun FINALLY took off, almost three hours late due to a "I'm just kidding around" passenger who accused a flight attendant of being inebriated. Not good. It turns out that the entire flight crew was drug tested, all were cleared, and the flight went on it's merry way. I am waiting to hear if the passenger who thought he was being funny got to fly today.

As a result, the flight will be delayed when it returns to IND. That means that we'll be delayed taking that plane back to DEN. Crew scheduling has already re-crewed the flight from Denver to San Antonio so that it will stay on time. Bummer. The rest of the crew will still do their turn to Orange County, CA tomorrow, but it was taken off of my schedule. It shows that I'll be back in DEN around 9PM and then there's nothing on it for the rest of today and tomorrow.

I went to the local CVS to pick up some shampoo and buy a few Easter basket things - it was cold outside! I walked around a little bit, but decided to go back to the room and watch one of my Netflix movies - "Milk Money." It was improbable, but cute. I've also been trying to watch the last episode of "The Bachelor," but my connection or the site or something is so slow...they'll say a few words and then stop, then say a few words and then stop. I guess I'll have to watch it when I get home.

Before I go and start getting ready to go back to Denver, I wanted to relay an experience I had in the flight deck during my recent flight from DEN to MCO. During a potty break, as I was sitting in the flight deck in the CPT's chair, ATC contacted us to let us know that another aircraft was ahead of us, traveling towards us, and was 1000 feet below. I watched that plane get closer and closer, and in a matter of minutes, we were flying over it. WOW. It sure didn't seem like 1000 feet! Awesome, just awesome.

No comments: