Saturday, September 19, 2009

Swine Flu

My four days off (which I originally planned on spending in Maryland with my Mom and sister, Diane, but cancelled when I couldn't figure how to fly back in time to go back to work) ended up as one day of play and three days of fighting the Swine Flu. Lovely. I am now "on sick leave" for my two duty days of Saturday and Sunday.

Today is day four of this piggy foolishness, and I'm feeling a lot better - more alert mentally and not as tired. But the low-grade fever is still draining me. I went to the doctor yesterday (only because their front desk people told me to come in when I called)...but there's nothing they can do at this point - I have to be dying or unable to breathe.

I have this incredible urge to take a mud bath, and I'm really not in the mood to eat any bacon.

No comments: