Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Quiet Day at Home? Hahahahahaha!

Silly me. To think that I'd have a nice quiet duty day at home...NOT! At 7:11AM my cell phone rang. The caller ID said "Unknown," otherwise known as Crew Scheduling. Arrrrrggggghhhhh. I really wanted to stay at home and work on Greg's office books. Oh well. I was told by the crew scheduler that I had a two-hour short call, and that I had a 9:15AM show time for a turn to Orlando. Lovely. I was polite and cordial, and then hung up the phone.

Let's just say that I started throwing on clothes (I was in my jammies) and threw a little fit when I got upstairs. I am ashamed of the unladylike things I said to Greg. I did call him on the way to DIA and I apologized for my outburst. My tirade was not directed at him...but I was so disappointed that I had to go back in to work. I love my job, but it was the first day of the new "month" for us and I'm at the bottom of the list...I thought there would be no way that I would be picked.

Oh well. I sucked it up and smiled when I introduced myself to CPT Jim and FO Cheryl. I was in the A position, and decided to enjoy my passengers. On the way to Orlando, I walked by a passenger, a nice elderly gentleman, and he had drawn a cartoon character on the back of our napkin. I stopped and told him how much I liked it, and he gave it to me!

I sure wish that I could draw like this! I hung it up in my galley for the rest of that flight and it stayed there on my return flight to Denver after spending 45 minutes in Orlando.

On the way back, my Row 1 was full...they were a fun-loving bunch - three women on one side, and a family with a toddler and an infant on the other side. By the end of the flight back to Denver, I had handed out my smiley face pins to each and every person in Row 1. They put on their pins and wore them proudly! I thanked them for making my flight so enjoyable.

I am off today, but my mind if all befuddled. Again, I'm hoping that crew scheduling forgets all about me during my next two duty days...but I have a sneaking feeling that they know where I live!

No comments: