Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun and Games on Planes

Before I get into today's topic, here's a picture of an item I found at "Unusual Jack's" at the mall in Canton, OH. It is a life-sized Betty Boop umbrella stand - wouldn't it look awesome in Jen's apartment in NYC?!?!?!


I continue to have fun with the crew...CPT Bob and FO Dusty are laid-back and relaxed, and lots of fun to work with, as are the two flight attendants, Bill and Lynda. But on last night's flight to ATL, CPT Bob's true colors started showing...

During his boarding announcement, he told the passengers that "our airline has some of the best flight attendants in the business, but that unfortunately, none of them could be on this flight." Then he went on to introduce "Bob in the front, Lynda in the middle of the aircraft, and for reasons that will soon be apparent, we keep Susan in the back." Hmmm. Revenge consumed me for the rest of the flight. I told the CPT and FO to be sure to listen in after we landed.

As payback, after we landed and after Bill made his landing announcement, I told the passengers that "CPT Bob and FO Dusty had been selected as the "Flight Deck of the Month" for the month of August." I also said that it "was a very important award, and that we hoped that we'd have them with us for many, many years to come." Lastly, I asked them to "congratulate these guys on their way off the plane." When I finished my announcement, the entire cabin broke out into a round of applause!

I later found out that CPT Bob and FO Dusty did not listen in to my announcement and didn't hear the round of applause, so they were a bit confused as passenger after passenger stopped to congratulate them and pat them on the back as they left the aircraft! I think Bill and Lynda let them in on the joke - but the guys didn't seem to mind. In fact, they seemed to really eat it up! What was even funnier is that as we were walking down the airport concourse, we ran into a couple of passengers from our flight - and the guy was so excited!!! He ran up to FO Dusty and patted him on the back, and then he stood back and clapped as we walked by.

We will soon be leaving the hotel to fly back to DEN. That is where my adventure with this crew ends, because I have the next four days off. It's always sad when I've had a lot of fun and I have to leave the trip for whatever reason...I wonder if CPT Bob and FO Dusty have any farewell activities planned for me on this flight back to Denver?

No comments: