Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chillaxin' in Canton/Akron

Yesterday, I was assigned a three-day trip! My first trip in 10 days...I was beginning to wonder if crew scheduling had forgotten about me. I think I had accumulated a lot of hours very quickly, and they were catching everyone else up - that's why I got an unexpected "vacation" at home (if you can call it that - which, if you have ever been on reserve, know that you can't).

Anyway, I got the call at 8AM to be at DIA at 11:35AM. Now THAT'S my kind of short-call. Lots of time to eat breakfast, read the paper, shower, dress, and drive to Denver in a leisurely manner. The crew is a very fun one, and it's a very high-seniority type trip, so I was confused as to why it became available...it turns out that the flight attendant who had it, John Bramley, went missing on Thursday night. He never returned home after a hike on Longs' Peak. A body was found at the bottom of the Peak on Friday morning, and the assumption is that it is his...I will never, ever again jump to conclusions when I receive an assignment.

Back to the trip - we did a turn to Dallas and then an overnight to Canton/Akron (I have no idea why the airport has two city names...). I like his hotel because it is right behind a large Target strip mall and across the street from a large indoor mall. I had a birthday gift card from my Mom for Macy's - and I bought a nice pair of gold/silver earrings (thanks, Mom!) and I went to Sears and got three Lands' End summer tops for a TOTAL of $9. I love end of season sales!

Walking back to the hotel, I decided that Ohio men are blind...I got wolf-whistled at in the parking lot of the mall! Sheesh. Or maybe I should be honored?

Gotta go - time to shower and dress for my flight back to Denver. Then it's on to Atlanta for the night...

No comments: