Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Too Exhausted to Be Exhausted

Well...I should have knocked on more wood. Crew scheduling called last night and assigned me to a MSP turn with a 5:50AM showtime. So off to bed I went. I woke up to Greg gently shaking me and telling me that it was 3:20AM...HUH?!?! I set the alarm on my cell phone...but realized that I had set it for 4:10AM. WHAT?!?! Why the heck did I pick that time? I honestly don't know why I did that. Had Greg not woken me up, I would have either missed my trip or gotten a "late show" penalty. Thank you, sweetie!

Our flight to MSP was less than half-full and we were almost full on the return flight. The B flight attendant was #3 on the seniority list, and the A flight attendant was tall, like me! We all worked well together and I enjoyed the flights. There was a group of 7 women heading to Aspen - they had me take their picture and then they took my picture. There was another group - all family members traveling together - and they had an especially enjoyable time teasing me. It made the time go by quickly.

When I got back to DEN, crew scheduling had me sit on the couch for a couple hours because all the Noon - 6PM people were all being sent out on trips. Since I had been working since 5:50AM, there wasn't too much they could do with me, so they sent me home at 2PM. But before I left DIA, I took a "power nap" for 10 minutes so that I wouldn't fall asleep on the way home. Listening to lively CDs helped, too.

Once at home, my fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. I vaguely remember sleeping for an hour or so on the couch at home, with Kodi licking my face and arms trying to get me to wake up and play! But it didn't work!

I am still on duty tomorrow, and I suppose that crew scheduling could give me another turn - but I sure hope they pass me by and let me just hang out at home and enjoy a day at home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope they will let you get a little rest! I am enjoying the blog though thanks!
Chad