Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vegas, Baby! Part One...

It has been an interesting couple of weeks...I have not flown since the last time I posted. I had a couple days on duty this past weekend, but never received a phone call! Our staffing level has swung from not having enough coverage to having too much coverage, so I've gone from working my buns off, to barely working. As soon as our new aircraft arrive in the next few months, things should be back to normal.

In preparation for Jen's 21st birthday celebration in Las Vegas, I decided that it'd be fun for Jen if we could fly in one of her best friends from NYC. So Dan flew from NYC to DEN on Sunday night and he stayed the night at our humble abode in Colorado Springs. On Monday, he and I ran a bunch of errands together - it was so fun hearing his comments about the scenery, the fresh air, and of being so lucky to be in Colorado - things that I take for granted.

We stopped and took some pictures a couple miles away from our house.

Just to prove he really was there, I got into the picture!

Dan was amazed by the beauty of this state.

After a day filled with errands, playing with the dogs, exchanging stories, and not taking him to places that I know Jen would want to take him, we flew with Greg to Las Vegas! Our flight arrived 5 minutes before Jen's flight - and hers was around the corner from us. So Greg and I went to her gate to meet her, as Dan hid around a corner down the concourse hallway. Right as we passed by, he yelled out, "Hey baby!!!" and walked over to her. She was in shock.

Jen seeing Dan and wondering if she really sees what she thinks she sees!

Still in shock (look at her left hand saying "Huh?")

Giving Dan a gigantic hug!

For years and years, I had talked to Jen about spending her 21st birthday in Vegas at the Bellagio hotel. I had always planned on a waterfront room so that we could watch the water shows in comfort, but I compromised so that we could keep the trip affordable! We had a very nice room overlooking the pool area - two queen beds, a rollaway, and a very large bathroom! But...no coffeemaker! What gives?!?

After we got settled, we checked out the last water show of the night...and then we went to bed! The next morning, we slept in pretty late and wandered around the shopping area of the Bellagio until Jen's BFF, Valerie and her hubby John arrived from New Mexico to spend a couple days with us. We roamed around, putting money into machines here and there, made dinner reservations, and then headed back to the room for a little "down time" to relax and get ready for our big night out.

Jen is teaching Dan how to iron his new shirt.

Dan doing an awesome job!

In the next episode, I'll have more pictures from our adventure.

No comments: