Friday, November 6, 2009

Four-Day Trip

Yesterday, I sat the couch at DIA from Noon until 6PM. I had expected to sit and chat, and maybe play cards, with my classmate Kelly K. But when I checked in and was updating my Flight Attendant Manual, I realized that I had a bigger job to do...update the Announcement Book! You see, we have a small book that is posted on the Inflight website that contains all the announcements that we make while you are trying to sleep and/or watch TV. I kind of took it upon myself to update that book whenever a new revision comes out. Well...we just had a big one that pretty much redid all the announcements. So instead of chit-chatting with my buddy, I spent the six hours on the couch updating the announcement book. I hope it is posted to the website soon...

Last night before I went to bed, I checked my schedule and saw that crew scheduling assigned me to a four-day trip. Today, I flew to/from Kansas City from Denver, and we liked it so much that we flew back to Kansas City and are staying the night. In the morning, we are flying to CANCUN. Woo hoo!!! We'll get to stay 23 hours there and then deadhead (fly as passengers) on the way back to Kansas City on Sunday. However...there is a tropical depression heading to Cancun which looks like it'll hit on Sunday. So, we may end up having to stay in Cancun an extra day. Time and weather will tell.

What an awesome trip this is. The crew is very, very nice - and that really does make or break a trip. I think we'll all be hanging out together in Cancun...I just hope it isn't raining too hard. From what I understand, a very senior mama called in and is now on FMLA. That's not usually a good sign. But her loss is my gain, and for that I am very grateful.

If we leave Cancun as planned, we'll head back to Kansas City, then fly back to Denver, and then spend the night in San Francisco. Unfortunately, it's the short layover, so I won't have any time to look up my cousin, Jackie.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up in a hurricane, but also keep them crossed so that not all of our layover in Cancun is in cloud cover and rain!!! (It'll still be gorgeous, even if it is...)

No comments: