Sunday, November 8, 2009

Do I Have to Leave?!?!?

The hurricane passed with just high winds and rain, and once it was gone, people started coming out of the woodwork (or wherever it was that they were hiding). I had stayed in my room updating this blog and working on Facebook, and then I went out and took a walk to grab some lunch. I ended up at McDonald's! The hotel prices were just too ridiculously high...

As you can tell, a lot of people got "cabin fever" while the hurricane was passing by, so we all headed to the hot tub when it was all over. But one big problem...it wasn't hot. It wasn't even warm this time. It turns out that the resort had turned off the heater, and the tub won't be hot again until tomorrow. Bummer.

Here's a nice picture of the hotel after the storm - no damage at all. The staff was even putting the deck chairs back out onto the patio.

When I came back from my walk, this is the first thing you see as you walk up the driveway to the main entrance. Nice, huh?

The beach swim-up bar survived, but the actual bar area got a bit flooded. Also, sand washed in onto everything. They've got a bit of a task ahead of them!

If the baby pool had been a tad warmer, we might have had more room in the hot tub. But because of all the cool rain that had fallen, all the pools were colder than normal.

After we made dinner plans, I headed back to my room to shower. When I looked out my balcony windows, I saw the most beautiful sunset. Incredible.


We chose the Laguna Grill for dinner tonight, based on the recommendation of a young woman who we met in the hot tub. She said it's her favorite place. And boy, was it good! The food was delicious, it was presented in a very sophisticated and artistic way (I should have taken pictures of it), and again, we sat on the back deck next to the laguna. However, this time we did not see the alligator swim by.

I enjoyed the parmesan scallops, Aaron got the tuna, and the other three got the special - grouper. To top off the meal, we ordered one creme brulee made with Bailey's. My oh my. It was so delicious!!!

When we got back to the hotel, we sat and enjoyed one more cocktail, as we talked about how great this trip was. I was very very lucky to get assigned to it, and I hope I get to fly with these ladies and gentlemen again.

No comments: