Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Little Bit of Paradise

We arrived in Cancun on Monday night around 5PM or so...and it was RAINING! But fortunately, it wasn't raining at our hotel. We ate dinner and took a long walk on the beach - and then ended the evening at a bayside bar where I drank a bottle of water while everyone else drank beer!!

I woke up early so that I could explore where I was at...


The Omni Hotel


My room...


My balcony had two of these lounges.


View from my room.


Another view from my room. This was the main pool and had a swim-up bar.


One of the pools (there were a bunch of them). This one had lounge chairs submerged in the water!


The beachside bar had swinging chairs...


And "in pool" seating!


It was a beautiful day at a beautiful beach.


I found a nice chair under a nice "umbrella" and spent most of Tuesday just lounging under my "umbrella," eating fresh fruit, sipping ice cold water, and reading my book. I also made a new friend! At first, he hung out under the next set of chairs - then when I decided to nap, he ran to the other side of me and climbed a wall. And there he sat...watching my every move.


Iggy the Iguana - he was about 2 feet long...and sweet as can be!

1 comment:

Jen said...

um. jealous. really.