Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fast Forward a Few Days...

The St. Louis overnight went by quickly...it was really fun to get to "pick the brain" of a very senior flight attendant. That's not something I get to do very often!

I had Friday off, so that Greg & I could attend a wedding, and during the aggressive bidding period, I was successful bidding on a two day job that started on Saturday - an overnight to Dayton, OH! A new destination for me.

My flight didn't leave until 7:30PM, so I had most of Saturday at home! (There's a method to my madness.) I was joining a crew "already in progress" - they were coming in from Salt Lake City. What a GREAT CREW! There had been a change of aircraft at the last minute, so there were lots of changed seats and a bit of confusion. But the crew had a great attitude and we got everyone seated and happy!

I did have one sad family that had been split up, and the couple sitting near half of them offered to swap seats - so I gave that couple complimentary TV as a "thank you" for being so kind. There were two unaccompanied minors in row 1, and the forward flight attendant had them helping her pick up trash and handing out drinks! Those two little girls were thrilled to death. It was a fun, fun flight - the couple that moved their seats asked for a "comments card" on their way off the plane - he wanted our names on it, too! I sure hope it's going to be complimentary...! It'll be my first one!

Once at the hotel, the rest of the crew decided to go to the Holiday Inn next door and hang out in the bar...keep in mind that it was already past midnight...we ended up closing down that bar at 2:30AM. I was the only one not drinking alcohol, but I did consume a couple glasses of water. It was a Karaoke bar, and the aft flight attendant, Jason, surprised us all by performing the "I like big butts song" - he had the girls in the bar dancing around him! It was truly a performance to remember! He had the attention of the entire bar!

Next, I thought we were calling it a night, but evidently the other crewmembers had other plans. We had a "party" in the aft FA's room - more alcohol for everyone but me, but it was fun to hear their stories and jokes. We were a bit loud, and got a call asking us to "keep it down.." At 4:30AM, we headed downstairs to the breakfast bar, where they were setting up for the crew that had a 5AM van - we rubbed it in that we were on the way to bed and they were on their way to work!

I slept until about 9AM, and then fell asleep again until 11AM! It's a good thing that I had some toast at "breakfast," cause I missed the 10AM free breakfast deadline! What a lazy day. Our van is scheduled for 2:30PM, so I'm just hanging out and relaxing...

I'll get back to Denver at around 5:30PM, and I HOPE that they release me to my SEVEN DAYS off! I've got lots of big plans for those days, including out-of-town company, a potluck dinner at our home, and five days in Orlando, FL at a dental conference!!!

No comments: