Thursday, January 10, 2008

Unexpected Surprise

Well...I flew the couch today from Noon until 6PM...when one of my coworkers called in at 6pm to be released from duty she was told that we were taking a trip! That was the last thing that I expected.

I had spoken with a classmate who had just driven in from Colorado Springs, and he said the roads between there and Denver were horrid...so this trip turned out to be a blessing!

Where did I go? I am sitting in a Sheraton Hotel in downtown Indianapolis! I am looking out my window at Monument Circle at 2AM...it is gorgeous.


This picture was taken the next morning...this was pretty much the view outside my hotel window!

I went with the crew to a "cigar bar" but couldn't handle the smoke and noise (I'm turning into an old fuddy duddy, I fear). I stayed about an hour, and when they started doing shots I decided it was time to go.

Fortunately, there is a visitor's guide in the room, so I will browse through it real quick to see if there's anything that I should go see before we have to meet our shuttle van back to the airport tomorrow at 2:25pm.

See? Didn't I say that I wanted to work on the spontaneity in my life? This is not at all where I expected to be on a Wednesday night in January...I had planned on being home watching the latest episode of Project Runway!

No comments: