Friday, January 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I had another fun flight on the way home...the passengers and crew was great! We had a couple young boys that peeked into the cockpit on their way on board, and the CPT invited them into the cockpit. Both boys took turns sitting in the pilot's seat, and the CPT urged the parent to take a picture! Then the other boy took his turn. Since we don't have wings to hand out anymore, I gave each boy a smiley face pin as a momento of sitting in the cockpit.

During my safety demonstration, the man sitting in 1C was busy talking to the woman in 1A. Not only was it distracting to me, it was just downright rude. So I leaned over midway and told the guy that there'd be a quiz at the end of the demo, complete with prizes. That shut him up! When I was done, I asked the first question..."What is my name?" Neither of them could answer. They guessed and guessed and finally got it. I awarded 1C one of my lovely smiley face pins!

When we landed, I called crew scheduling and guess what? They released me to my day off! Yippee! I hightailed it to the shuttle bus to the employee parking lot before anyone could change their mind...

No comments: