Friday, January 11, 2008

Remember the Alamo!

Today (or should I say yesterday) started out uneventfully... after Maury Povich identified whether or not several guys were the fathers of several kids... I headed out to take a walk around Indianapolis. What a nice city! I found a "high-rise" mall and wandered around it for awhile. I even found some $40 sweaters for only $8!!! Yippee!

As we were taking the shuttle from the hotel to the airport, I could hear my phone ringing in my tote bag...it was crew scheduling, calling me to tell me that after I returned to DEN I'd be heading to San Antonio for an overnight. But first, I needed to return to Denver!

I had my first experience with a "bossy" flight attendant on this trip... a classmate warned me ahead of time that she would walk all over me if I let her, so I was ready! There were little things during the first day of the trip that were my duties, but she "beat me to them." So today I was ready...I jumped in and did them before she could! How silly, huh? I did experience a "first" on this flight - as I was doing the final check to make sure seat backs and tray tables were up, we hit a bit of turbulence, and I almost ended up on the lap of a male passenger. As he later exited the planes, he mentioned to me that he didn't realize that Frontier provided lap dances for its passengers...

My flight to San Antonio was fun! We had only 35 or so on board, so I chatted with the passengers sitting in the front...when it was time for the safety demonstration, I told them to pay attention because there would be a test with prizes after I was finished. Sure enough, when I was done, I started asking questions..."What is my name?" "How many oxygen masks are located in the passenger unit above your seats?" "What is our flight time?" etc. etc. etc. As prizes, I gave out my little smiley face pins to the lucky winners! We had a great time!

Once at the hotel, the crew decided to join a group of gate agents who had flown out with us - they were all heading to the bar. I wasn't really in the mood to hang out in a smoky room, but to be social I joined them for an hour or so. But now I'm snug as a bug in a rug in my room, watching the evening news...it's going to be 70 degrees tomorrow!

Our shuttle bus takes us back to the airport at 2pm, so I have some free time tomorrow to sleep in, relax, and maybe go to the shopping mall across the street... But first it is time for bed!

No comments: