Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yes...I am Still Alive!

Whew. What a few days it has been! On Sunday evening, I "moved into" my friend Bev's parents' house in Denver so that I didn't have to drive I-25 every day...what a lifesaver, literally. You see, I was spending my driving time memorizing stuff. And as Greg pointed out to me, I probably wasn't focusing on my driving a whole lot...so now I have a 20 minute drive in the morning - much closer than 1 hour 20 minutes! (But a lot less time to study on-the-road!)

Anyway, Monday was the BIG DAY. Separate the men from the girls, the crazy from the foolish, and what a day it was. We started out having to take our FIVE tests - one oral and four written. I got put into the group to do our oral test first, and I immediately volunteered to go first (to get it over with!!!). Well...on my first recitation, I forgot to introduce myself in my announcement as well as the other flight attendants and the pilot!!! Fortunately, after the first time you recite, you sit down with the reviewer and she tells you what you did wrong.

Then you get the option to say it again right then, or wait until the others in your group get their turn. NO WAY! So I went again right then and did it right!!! Yippee! I passed the oral test!

Next up were the four written tests...they were tough, but funny (long story). When we were done, we were asked to go to the lunchroom and wait...and wait...and wait...finally, they came and got us all. They handed back our tests in our "official folders" and I got 100% on each of them!

And to top it off, I got a 100% on my test this morning, too! YESSSSSSS! I can tell you that if I hadn't studied, I would not have passed. What an accomplishment.

We started with 44 on 9/12, had 40 on Monday morning, and had one person fail the program. She was discreetly fired after the testing and class continued without her. Bummer. But no one knew she was gone until the end of the day.

There are 5 men, 3 girls right out of college and the rest of us - lots of variety, lots of different backgrounds! I am having a blast, and am really challenging my brain more than it's been challenged in quite awhile! Watch out, world! Here I come!!!

No comments: