Friday, September 28, 2007

Off I Went...Into the Wild Blue Yonder!

Today, I flew to/from Washington, DC - the sad thing was that I didn't have time to jump off the plane and run to my Mom's house or to my sister Diane's house! We had 45 minutes on the ground...15 minutes to clean the airplane and then the passengers were boarding!

What a great experience today was. On the way to DC I shadowed the flight attendant who works in the back, and on the way back to Denver, I shadowed the flight attendant who worked in the front of the airplane. The three flight attendants had each worked over 10 years for our airline! What a great knowledge base for me, and trust me...I picked their brains. I got a wonderful review from them, as well as from some passengers who found out that this was my first training flight. I feel good!

What's really neat is that I really felt my Dad's presence with me today. First off, being assigned to fly to DCA was prophetic. Dad used to fly in and out of there so much that he should have had his own personal parking space! And then on the way to the airport this morning KOSI 101 played "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Now tell me, when was the last time YOU heard that song?!? I had just sung it for a classmate last week, and then to hear it this morning - someone has a great sense of humor, and I feel that someone is my Dad. And lastly, the name of the mascot of my plane was "L.J." the baby lynx. For those that don't know, my Dad's name is L.J. Svihla. Eerie, huh. No. Not eerie. It was very comforting and helped me to relax.

No comments: