Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm Sad!

Today was Human Resource's turn to teach all about our benefits (which, by the way, are incredible). But the day started off on a sad note. My 73-year old buddy, Stanley, was late to class and got released from the program. My buddies and I were devastated. He had forgotten his ID badge and headed home to retrieve it, but couldn't make it back in time. If you are late, you are out. They showed us today that they meant it. But Stanley has written me a couple email, and seems to be in good spirits. I'm just sad, because we were expecting to be able to fly with him! Plus, he was our lunch buddy. As he said, "life goes on." He very well may reapply in six months, and we'll all get to fly together yet!

I did find out that after 90 days I will be able to fly to New Zealand for $260 round-trip!!! BUT, I must get through training first...I went to dinner tonight with two of my friends - Hope and Janel - wonderful ladies that are a lot of fun. We hope to be able to fly together when we graduate. But first, we all must STUDY. So that's what I'm going to do...

No comments: