Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Almost There...

I have successfully made it through the paperwork, pre-orientation, medical physical, drug screening, physical capacity test and uniform fitting (the uniform looks SO GOOD!!!) phases of my pre-employment process! Yippee!

But now, I will be really tested...it's time to exercise my BRAIN. I have several lists of airport codes and airline abbreviations, a page of airline history, and an airline announcement to MEMORIZE by next Monday. Can I do it?!? Me...who sometimes doesn't remember where I put my cell phone? YES!!! I am SUPERWOMAN!!! I've memorized all types of stuff over the past 18 years without even realizing it...when Jen's dance classes are, what colleges courses she's taking and when, remembering when to file which federal report for Greg's office...ok...I mess that one up every once in a great while...but I've done fairly well over the past 17 years!

My employment officially begins this Friday, 9/14! My training class of 44 - ranging in age from 21 to 73 years young - will meet for a half-day review of all those terms/symbols/history and announcements. Us "oldsters" in the class will have to show the young 'uns that "WE STILL GOT IT!" Fortunately, this isn't a competition - we're all in. We will all have jobs (provided we get an A on each of the 26 tests) at the end of the next 5 weeks! So we'll quiz each other, coach each other, and give support to each other - so that we have the privilege to work together high in the sky!

No comments: