Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Close...But Yet So Far

Here I am, at the Crowne Plaza by LaGuardia. Only a short 15 minute $30 cab ride from Jen's apartment. Arghhhh. I wish money were no object. Only a one hour $2 bus/subway ride to Jen's apartment. I wish worrying about being on time in the morning wasn't an issue. Oh well.

We just got into town, we have less than 10 hours until we leave. I won't sleep the entire time I'm here...but there's really not much time to do anything else. I tried to convince my co-workers to come with me to Times Square - a shared cab ride wouldn't be as bad, but they all wanted to get their beauty sleep.

Otherwise, it's been a good, but long, day. I spent last night at my friend's parents' house, which is about 30 minutes from DIA. I think I slept okay - cause I remember dreaming, but I also remember lying there tossing and turning, wishing I could sleep. So...that might explain why I'm so wiped out now.

When I got to DIA, I decided to check out who I was flying with, and one of the senior mamas that was on the trip was no longer there, and my classmate Crystal was! Yay! She's such a positive, beautiful woman - I love being around her. She's newly engaged, so we compare wedding planning notes! So finding out that she was on the trip started the day off right!

First we did a turn to Las Vegas, and it's always fun to tease the passengers about winning, losing, having fun, relaxing - all the reasons that people go to Vegas. The group going back to Denver was more subdued - broke, tired, hungover, sunburned. But it was a good crowd.

Our next flight was to LGA on a 320, so a senior mama joined us - and she is so, so sweet! I had a smart-mouthed guy in 2C with a big-(fake)-boobed girlfriend with curly hair (with purple streaks). He kept reclining his seat when he wasn't supposed to, and asked me, "what does it matter?" I explained, but obviously it's all about him, cause Crystal had to ask him several times, too. But his girlfriend kept him happy by straddling him with her boobs in his face every time that she needed to go potty. Fortunately for the CPT and FO, she was up and about when they came out of the flight deck and had a potty break - they got to enjoy the silicon valley, so to speak.

Speaking of our CPT, he is spoiling us rotten. He picked up sweet rolls for all of us at Starbucks when we were in Vegas, and then in Denver he picked up a McDonald's wrap for us to enjoy on the way to LGA! Nice! And now he just invited us to join him downstairs for a cocktail...but we're all going to be party-poopers because our van is at 7:20AM - his isn't until at least 5PM. Lucky! Our CPTs and FOs get nice 20 hour layovers here, but us FAs only get 10. That needs to be changed!

All in all, it's been a great day. I'm exhausted, but in a good way. I look forward to climbing into that luxurious Crowne Plaza bed and falling asleep! Tomorrow's flight back to DEN will be at least 4 hours, and then we have to do a turn to Jackson Hole, WY - I would LOVE to get off the plane and stay there for awhile! If anything, I hope to at least have time to look out the windows at the Tetons! Oh, how I miss them!

No comments: