Friday, April 2, 2010

On the Go!

Here are a few of the photos that I took in Costa Rica...

The view off of my hotel room balcony.

The courtyard at the hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Another view of the courtyard - with its big tree - at the hotel.

The swimming pool in the courtyard.

Another view of the beautiful courtyard.

A cow in the courtyard!

The cow in front of Denny's.

The turn to DCA that I did on Tuesday was long, but I had a fun crew so it went by very quickly. However, I was EXHAUSTED. When I turned my phone on in DEN at 3:45PM there was a voicemail waiting for me...I had been assigned to a Tampa overnight leaving at 4:30PM. My entire body turned to mush. There is no way that I could muster the strength and energy to walk to another gate and fly for another several hours! So I called crew scheduling back and told them something that I've never said before...I am FATIGUED. Now my schedule shows "FAT" on it...I'm still wondering if I should take that personally. I had to talk with a manager and then submit an online report - but had I done that trip, it would have brought me up to a 13 hr 35 min duty day. Normally, I'd be able to handle that, but seeing as how I was still sleep deprived from my SJO trip, I decided that I just couldn't do it.

I drove home, pretty much said hello to Greg and then went to bed! I slept for ELEVEN hours. Something tells me that I really was tired. Those eleven hours were unaided by drugs and alcohol. That was my body telling me something.

I spent the rest of Wednesday hanging out at home, getting little projects done, and gradually going further and further away from home running errands. I was still on call, so I figured I'd be called in to do a turn...but the phone never rang. :) Thursday was my day off, and now it's Friday and I'm back on duty until midnight on Saturday night. Last night, crew scheduling assigned me to an overnight in San Francisco that has a show time tonight of 8:15PM. We'll have a 10 hour layover in SFO, then a 2 hour sit in DEN, and then a turn to Las Vegas. I'll get back to DEN at around 10PM, and it'll be midnight by the time I get home.

I am off Easter Sunday for the first time in 3 years! I invited the Littlewoods over for lunch/dinner - we used to get together with them every single year for Thanksgiving and Easter, but stopped when we started traveling on the holidays and when I took this job. Greg still gets to see them, but it's been a long time since I've sit and visited with them. So I look forward to seeing them at our home.

I took the easy way out for Easter dinner - I went to the Honey Baked Ham store and picked up a boneless ham and a couple of side dishes. I'll make one more before they come over on Sunday. By doing this, I have greatly reduced the stress in my life over having company over for a holiday!

No comments: