Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hooray for Days Off!

This past Friday I got to sit at home waiting for the phone to ring, and it never did. I bid for the Noon-6PM couch for Saturday (and got it), so that I could go to the Unemployement Bash 2010 held at Bar Louie in Denver. The soon-to-be-unemployed crew schedulers were throwing the party, and I wanted to at least stop in and show my support. So, at 6PM I headed over there and met my friend and co-worker, Jenn.

At the party, we FINALLY got to put faces with the names/voices! Bernie, Barb, Delease (sp?), Matt, Weston, Tischa, and Monte. And I got to put the name with the face for Bobby, the manager! We sat around telling stories, learning what their plans are, and thanking them for all their hard work. We also told stories about the strange stuff that the new crew schedulrs are doing - for instance, while we were at the party they called Jenn at 8PM telling her that she had a showtime of 8:10PM for a stand-up that night. The rules are that they have to give us 2 hours notice...10 minutes isn't quite 2 hours. And all this happened in front of Weston.

I'm sad to see them go, but I know it'll take a bit of time to get the new kids trained and on the same page as us. I sure hope it happens quickly!

On Sunday, I started a new three day trip. The first night was spent in Canton, OH and the second night was spent in Detroit. The sad thing is that we get a new Captain and First Officer every leg. I really don't like that, and I'm not sure why we are doing it this way. But we made the best of it! I had a nice crew going to CAK, and got to visit a bit with Amber, who is pregnant and recently lost her Mom. On my Detroit trip, I got to fly with Karen - she was in the class before mine and she is a nut. I didn't do anything at either hotel or city...just reading and relaxing. Both days our van show time was 5AM, and that's EASTERN time...so it was 3AM Denver time. I guess you could say I was a bit tired.

When I arrived in Denver this morning at around 7:45AM, they released me to my days off and I don't have duty again until Sunday! Yay! I've got alot of yard work waiting for me... :)

No comments: