Saturday, March 14, 2009

Show and Tell Time

I have accumulated quite a few pictures on my camera, and today's the day that I share them with you!


Memorial Park in Colorado Springs -
a view of Prospect Lake and Pike's Peak (in the background).

Another view of Prospect Lake with Pike's Peak.

Can you tell that it was a nice day out? I just drove around town snapping a few pics.

The Broadmoor Hotel.

During my last visit in NYC in February '09, my sisters came into the city to see "Guys and Dolls." Nancy came in by train and Diane arrived by plane, and they got in early enough that we had time for breakfast and a visit to the "American Girl Doll Store."

On one of my first excursions when I got home from NYC, I got hit by a rock! It came flying towards me after a FEDEX truck ran over it on I-25. It was large enough that I could see it coming...so what did I do? I slammed my hand on my car horn. What a dumb rock...it totally hit me anyway.

I made a surprise trip to Virginia last weekend - one of the things I did was to accompany my nephew Matthew and my sister Diane to the Open House at Matthew's new school. And guess who was in one of the classrooms, just waiting to meet me? Rob Pattinson from "Twilight."

When we got back to Diane's house (more like a zoo), Mom and Natalie and all the animals were waiting for us! That is Caicos, the crazy conure, on Mom's shoulder.

And Sammy is by Mom's feet.

Caicos loves his brother, Matthew!

But you'll never see me with Caicos on my shoulder...the last time he got near me, he bit my neck. You should see the way he eyes me when I am in the room...

And we can't forget Puck, the African Grey that Diane rescued.

Or Natalie, holding her sister Roxanne.

"This is MY MOM, and I'm not gonna share..."

Oh yes, you will!

Last night, we got the pleasure of witnessing one of Greg's employees getting married! This is a picture of her husband, Isaac and their son, Isaiah. The wedding and reception were held at the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center in Pueblo, CO.

Here's a picture of beautiful Krystal being accompanied by her father who was home from the war to see his baby girl get married. Their first dance was to "I Loved her First" by Heartland - there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

Another picture of the beautiful bride and her proud Daddy.

She wore a beautiful gown.

Isaiah doesn't seem to interested in watching his parents get married.

Nor does the cute little flowergirl, Taylor!

There was a wonderful buffet of Mexican food - enchiladas, green chili, beans and rice, as well as a butter pecan wedding cake with an awesome frosting. There was lots of dancing - rap, rock, Hispanic, as well as a few line dances - the Electric Slide and the Chicken Dance! And yes...I was on the dance floor for those two dances...!

No comments: