Friday, March 20, 2009

Rest in Peace, Whitney and Natasha...

What a horrible week it's been. Whitney, an 18-year-old girl from Colorado Springs died in a tragic accident at a 7-11 gas station and is being buried today. And Natasha Richardson died in a freak ski accident and was honored last night when the lights on Broadway dimmed for one minute in her honor. What is going on?

My heart was breaking for these families. All I wanted to do was hug my own daughter and make sure that she was okay. Then I get the call from her that her boyfriend has broken up with her...I got on the first flight the next day.

There's nothing like being there for your child when you can swing it - and having taken this month off...it's worked out well. We've been able to talk, relax, and have a little fun, too!

Yesterday, Jen got us a couple of student rush tickets for $30 each, for front row seats to see "The Little Mermaid!" One of Jen's friends has the leading role of Sebastian the Crab - so it was fantastic to see him in action! Rogelio put us "on the list" so we could visit him backstage after the show and get a quick tour. We also accompanied him on his way out the stage door, and the crowd let out a roar when he appeared! After he finished signing autographs, we headed with him over to Broadway bowling!

This was my second time, and I got to bowl the entire evening since they were short-handed. Jen and I did really well. I picked up an 8-10 split after betting $10 with Justin, a guy on our team! What a shock that was! The bowling alley supplied St. Patty's Day cake and cookies - it was a sweet treat!

Today, we were SUPPOSED to go to SoHo and walk around and window shop...but we're still in jammies, watching TV and relaxing. Even though I don't understand why tragedies happen, I am so glad that I was able to get to my little girl and be there for her.

No comments: