Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Four-Day Trip

I just returned from a four-day trip that went really, really well! It was so nice not sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring...

The Atlanta overnight was good - but none of my Atlanta friends could come out and play - maybe next time!

The next night was spent in Sacramento, and the flight there was a bit more eventful. We had a passenger complain that one of the flight attendants bumped his left arm THREE TIMES as he held a cup of coffee, spilling some on his right hand. Now, I don't know about you, but if that had been me, I would have said something after the first bump! Also, I would have switched the coffee to my other hand, and/or I would have gotten my body out of the aisle! Sheesh. I can smell a lawsuit...I didn't see any evidence of a burn, but I filled out all the required paperwork, we called the inflight medical service, and we had some GORGEOUS paramedics waiting for us at the gate. Oh la la!

Once at the hotel, I raced over to the local mall for some lunch and shopping, but really wasn't in the mood to buy anything. But I did have a FRESH corndog and homemade lemonade - it was so delicious! After awhile, I headed back to the hotel, checked out the pool, and settled myself in my room to catch up on last week's episodes of Glee and Parenthood. I even went to bed at 8PM!

When we left Sacramento, one of the flight attendants made one comment - "there must be an empty trailer park in Sacramento." OMG. That was so true. Very strange people came onto our aircraft. Including a 20 month old girl who was "terrified" to fly (now how did she develop that fear, I wonder). She didn't just cry. She screeched. It actually hurt my ears and the ears of everyone around them. I talked to her and told her that screeching wasn't allowed on the aircraft, but when I walked away, she went right back to it. There was a 10 week old little girl with her dad in the seat in front of them - and he was having his own crying baby problems. Our screaming children flight was sometimes in stereo!

Our landing was an interesting one. We were down, then we were up, and then we were down again. The wind in Denver was horrendous. At the end of the flight, and old woman made a nasty comment to me on her way out about the screaming flight, and I replied, "Sometimes it happens!" Then she went on to tell me that the "flight was just miserable." Lady, it could have been a LOT MORE miserable, if you know what I mean.

Because of the high winds, we were delayed leaving the gate on our way to Austin. We had to put into practice the new "Passenger Bill of Rights" - including giving the passengers water after sitting around for an hour and a half. We didn't have a full flight, and most everyone was pretty calm. The backup was due to all runways except for two being closed in Denver due to the winds. It would not have been pretty taking off on those runways.

That evening, I walked to a restaurant with the CPT and FO - we went to the Iron Cactus. I had jumbo shrimp wrapped in jalapeno cheese and bacon. Delicious!

I'm now back at home, because crew scheduling released me to my days off! Woo hoo! I am back on duty next Wednesday!!!

No comments: