Thursday, May 27, 2010

Days Off

I had an unexpected day off at the end of my 3-day trip - I sat at home waiting for the phone to ring, and it never did! Yay! My daughter had a revenue ticket from LGA to DEN, and then she flew non-rev from DEN to COS so I didn't have to drive to DEN. Double Yay! In fact, she was the only non-rev boarded - she had higher seniority than a US Airways FA. So sorry, but I'm glad I have seniority over someone!

Starting on Monday I had four days off - the primary goal of my daughter's visit was to select a venue for her wedding. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...we visited two the first day - one was a beautiful outdoor venue that we both loved. The other was a dedicated facility which was very nice, but just not quite right...

The next day, we went to the Garden of the Gods Club and saw their breathtaking view. And then we saw that same view from their "just-in-case-of-bad-weather" covered patio - ahhhhh. Peace of mind. The cocktail area and dining room were exquisite. Beautiful, intimate and perfect for our needs. We were ready to sign on the dotted line. But first, we had another venue to visit - the Broadmoor. As expected, it was over-the-top - both in facilities available, pricing, and scenery. But it was too too for our tastes - too formal, too public, and too expensive!

We contacted GOGC and have reserved Sunday, June 26, 2011 for the big day. It'll be an evening event - wedding ceremony on the lawn and then reception to follow. It's going to be beautiful!

In the meantime, I see that we are very low on reserves at my airline. They're asking for "will-fly" attendants (those who are on days off, but who are willing to fly). If I had more than 11 days off a month, I might consider helping out. But I value each and every one of my days off! We had nine flight attendants who are transferring to Milwaukee on June 1 and two that are transferring to Denver. If we are so short of flight attendants (and it's usually on Wed/Thur/Fri), why don't we have a new-hire class or transfer more flight attendants from Milwaukee to Denver? I guess I'll never know.

I have a list of 12 lovely ladies who I've been in contact with - they are all interested in becoming Frontier Flight Attendants! So all I need is a time/date for a hiring event and they'll be on their own!

My days off are rapidly coming to a close. I have to take my daughter to Denver to catch her flight to LGA tomorrow morning. I am (patiently) waiting for Crew Scheduling to assign the trips/couch for tomorrow. They've had almost three hours to assign the 8 or so trips and couch sits, but it's still not done. I did see that several trips for this evening materialized on the board...is it that dreaded Memorial Day Diarrhea? The Holiday Headache? or perhaps the Tequila Tummyache? Time will tell...

No comments: