Sunday, May 2, 2010

Barbaric?!?!?

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all so much for following the blog of this barbaric flight attendant. Your loyalty is very much appreciated.

I was told that I was barbaric on a recent flight from LGA to DEN by two men of middle-eastern persuasion, shall we say. We were obviously suffering cultural differences when they refused to listen to me on board the aircraft and I subsequently had them removed before we left the gate.

It seems that wealthy men of middle-eastern persuasion do not like their Louis Vuitton bags to touch any other bag, nor do they like their bags to be handled by said female. Not only am I barbaric, I am also rude. For making them move their bags so that others may place their fully-loaded rollerbags into the overhead - oh...did I mention that one of the Louis Vuitton bags was empty? And it had to have an overhead bin all its own?

The younger of the two was so upset that he got in my face as he expressed his displeasure. His voice and the voice of his dad carried throughout the entire aircraft. When I was called rude for the upteenth time, and they would not cooperate with me, I told them, "That's it! You are off the aircraft!" Fortunately, the CPT allowed the flight attendants to make the decision. The gate agents ushered the two men and their poor embarrassed property, oops...I meant woman, off the aircraft. But not before the dad said to me, "I'm going to send you a book on etiquitte." Oh no he didn't!!! I replied, "Just be sure to read it before you do!" Touche.

If they would not listen to me about bag placement, how do I know that they would listen to me in an emergency at 37,000 feet in the air, or even just listen to me at all during a four hour flight? Nope. I don't get paid enough to do that. Off with their heads! Oops. No, that's what THEY do.

I was very happy to get home after that trip, even though I had only one day at home. But that turned into two days, because they did not give me a couch shift for yesterday (SHOCKING!) and I sat at home waiting for the phone to ring. Well...let's change that. I had my phone with me and my car packed, as I drove all over Colorado Springs looking at possible wedding venues for Jen's nuptials next summer. I was doing "drive-bys" to see which were worth making appointments at when Jen is in town in a few weeks.

Then I lucked out and picked up a 4-day trip on Aggressive Reserve yesterday - I got an Atlanta overnight, a Sacramento overnight, and an Austin overnight. When I get home on Wednesday at 7:30AM, I hope to hear those glorious words...,"You are released to your SIX days off!" It's so much nicer to be on a trip, instead of sitting at home, or driving around town with the car fully loaded.

The only downside to this trip is that it's all early morning show times. So it'll be off to bed early for me tonight! This layover in Atlanta is around 12 hours, but tomorrow's layover in Sacramento is over 19 hours. Even though the hotel stinks (literally), it's right next door to a really nice mall with ice cold movie theaters! We'll see if I have the energy to walk across the parking lot, or if I'll just park myself at the pool and enjoy a nice relaxing afternoon in the California sun!

No comments: