Thursday, May 20, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

I figured that I'd get a couch sit for Wednesday, as did my flight attendant friend, Kelly. So we both bid for the A couch - 6AM until Noon. And guess what happened? I got sent on a Phoenix turn which got back at 11:10AM, and Kelly got sent out on a Las Vegas turn and a Dallas overnight! So much for our plan to sit and chat for six hours!

The Phoenix turn was great! The other flight attendants followed the rules, worked as a team, and the time just flew by. When I got back to Denver, I got assigned to the couch until 2PM, and at that time I was sent home.

Of course, I got an assignment for Thursday - a three-day trip with overnights in Houston and Portland, OR! Again, the flight attendants work well together and things are going smoothly. Our flight deck crew leaves us in Denver tomorrow, and we continue on to Portland with new ones. This evening as we checked into our Houston hotel, the bartender told us that they were having a "Mexican Night" in the hotel bar from 5-7PM on Thursdays. So we decided to come down as a group and imbibe in "building our own nachos." Delish!

But now it's time to start winding down and getting ready for our early show tomorrow morning...and then on to Portland, OR where we have a 19 hour layover!

As a side note, our flight attendants voted for a union today. Oh boy. Not sure what it means for us, since it will take a long time before we have a contract...

No comments: