Friday, August 7, 2009

It's Already Been a Week?!?!

Where the heck did this past week go?!?! I was in Alaska one week ago today, and left there on Friday night.

Crew scheduling gave me 12 hours of rest on Saturday after I returned from the redeye from Anchorage, and then assigned me to a Spokane, WA overnight with a short layover for Saturday night. I was so exhausted that I slept all the way up to our 10AM van time to go back to the airport. I look forward to returning to Spokane (this was my first time) when I have a longer layover and can do a bit of exploring. The following pictures are a few that I took from my hotel window...


When I returned from Spokane on Sunday, they had me sit on the couch at DIA for a few hours and then put me on a Nashville overnight - it was a blast! CPT John and FO Tony were awesome. Earlier that evening, CPT John became a grandfather for the third time, so he took us to the hotel bar to celebrate! We ended up sitting outside on the patio and talking until 2:30AM. It was a very fun evening with them and Laurie, one of the other flight attendants.

On Monday, when we returned from Nashville, the entire crew except for FO Tony, had a turn to San Jose that was delayed...lots of delays because of the Denver weather. We got home after midnight on Tuesday morning - which was my only day off. I tried to run as many errands as I could, do laundry, repack my lunchbox, etc. and then get a good night's sleep.

I was assigned to the 6PM-midnight couch at DIA on Wednesday, and ended up going on a Seattle overnight with my two fellow couch-sitters (who also just happened to me my classmates) Kelly and Ros! If it wasn't so late by the time we got to Seattle (around 1:30AM), we could have done something fun before our 1:30PM van back to the airport. But I chose to sleep. Sleep. Sleep.

I'm back at home today, on duty, and *knocks on wood* my phone has not rung. So I've cautiously worked on small projects that can be dropped at a moment's notice. I bid on an RNF for tomorrow - and I got it! That means that I have a SATURDAY OFF! Woo hoo! I'll be back at duty now on Sunday at 12:01AM. So until then...

No comments: