Friday, August 21, 2009

All Good Things Must Come to an End...

Jen and I have spent this week sweating like pigs in NYC...! It is very, very hot here!

Jen finished her petsitting duties yesterday afternoon - Alice continued to be PsychoDog. She chewed everything she could, including our arms, legs and fingers. But during one of her "down times" she looked like an angel!

I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday at Alice's apartment - including during a thunderstorm that blew through Manhattan! In fact, it was the worst storm in recent memory - causing at least $1M of damage in Central Park! And it blew right past my 19th story windows - shaking them, rattling them, hitting them with strong winds, hail and rain. Nasty! I even lit a candle to make sure I'd be able to see if the power went out (it didn't).

On Thursday, we started hanging out at Jen's place again, and then we finished up her doggy duties before reporting for work. I got to watch the show, "In the Heights" for the third time and still enjoyed it immensely!!! And it was a special night...the creator of the show, Lin-Manuel Miranda, gave his Dad a walk-on part for that night's show - it was a surprise for his birthday! Lin's family was there to cheer Dad on! It was awesome to watch!

After Jen finished working at the show, we had to rush over to another theatre (and I do mean RUSH) to get there before the show started at 11:30PM. It was a once-a-month show, kind of an improv-type show, and it was so much fun! The stars of "Shrek the Musical," Brian D'Arcy James and Sutton Foster, made guest appearances in a couple skits, as did the girl who's starring as Anita in West Side Story, and a guy who used to be in "The Drowsy Chaperone." But the most awesome guest star was the guy who starred as the Phantom for 10 years on Broadway in "The Phantom of the Opera!" He sang one of the main songs from Phantom in a "Mad Libs" kind of version! It was sooooo funny!

And to top off our lovely evening, as we headed home in a taxi, we were stopped at a stoplight and saw an old guy walking towards the street, wearing nothing but an old undershirt over his pregnant-looking belly. Hmmmm. We both did a double-take to make sure that we saw what we thought we saw.

So now we're in the countdown to me leaving...*sad face.* I was originally going to try and get on one of our flights today, but both were pretty solidly booked (good news for us!). So I called JetBlue and listed myself on tonight's flight - which gets me back to DEN by 11PM. I start being "on duty" at midnight. Hmmmm. That's cutting it close, huh?

Before I get on this evening's flight, I have to call the Colorado Springs court to find out if I'll need to report for jury duty on Monday morning! If I do, I'll have two available duty days at my airline, a day of jury duty, and then one more day of duty. But if they don't need me, I need to let my airline know, and then they might assign me to a four-day trip. As usual, my life is just filled with spontaneity and flexibility!

After searching high and low for quite awhile, I FINALLY found this lovely jar of white fluff at D'Agostino's in NYC. It was gone in no time, I'm sad to say...

No comments: