Sunday, August 29, 2010

Days Gone By...Good Things to Come

I was having too good of a time to blog!

Nancy totally spoiled me when I visited. We got fresh quiche and cheese for lunch, had a great time floating in her pool, dinner at the Wharfside Restaurant in Pt. Pleasant, followed by funnelcake on the boardwalk. Awesome.

On Sunday morning, we went to early mass, and then she dropped me off at the train at Bay Head for my trek back to NYC. When I arrived at Penn Station, my original plan was to take a bus to LGA...however, it was raining. The thought of having to change buses three times to get to LGA was overwhelming, so I took a taxi. Big mistake. There was a big accident and we got stuck in traffic, and that meter was creeping up and up and up.

When we finally got to LGA, I found out that the US Airways flight to DCA that I had hoped to catch a ride on was full, AND there were 22 non-revs. Hmmmm. It did not look good for me. The gate agents recommended that I try Delta's commuter flight. Interesting fact - that flight is operated by Shuttle America, a subsidiary of Republic Airways - our parent company. BUT I have no flight benefits on their flights since it's under contract to Delta. But I have Delta flight benefits...go figure. Diane and Mark came to the rescue and gave me a Delta buddy pass, getting it into the computer system within one minute of the flight closing. YAY!


Diane & Mark's new home is absolutely gorgeous! Mom has her own "space" - and it is beautiful! I got to spend a few days hanging out with them and relaxing. Of course, Mom beat me at "65," but I whooped her hide at "Dummy." And then Mark came along and beat us both at "65." Natalie and I also got beat by Mom playing "Scattergories." Oh well...I left with my tail between my legs.

On Wednesday morning, we decided to try out the commuter shuttle bus to get back to DC, and it worked like a charm! I paid $5.75 to go from California, MD to Metro Station (note to self - get off at Le'Fant Plaza next time), and then I took Metro to DCA. I got the last seat on the first Frontier flight back to DEN - a window seat - and I slept for the entire 3 hour 20 minute flight!

I started duty again on Friday, and guess what I did? I got assigned to the C couch - usually from 4PM until 10PM, but it got changed to 2PM until 8PM. When I checked in, though, they told me that I was doing a turn to Orange County, CA and would get back to DEN at 11PM. Lovely. The flight there was almost full, and the flight back had 61 passengers. Fortunately, it went by quickly.

Yesterday, no one called me at home - and that was a good thing. I realized that I had a sinus infection, so all I did was sit on the couch and sleep all day. It was delightful! I watched several of my DVR'ed TV shows and slept through some of them, too.

And as I write this I am once again on the couch at DIA. I got the 4PM until 10PM shift again, and I actually picked-up a three day trip starting tomorrow afternoon! I'll spend Monday night at LGA (with a 19 hour layover!!!) and Tuesday night at SLC (with a 17 hour layover). Nice, huh?

So right now I have a playdate with my new grandpuppy, Liza on Tuesday morning in Central Park! YAY! I am VERY EXCITED to see her (and Jen, too) again!

No comments: