Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sitting on the Sexy Black Leather Couch...

My three-day trip to LGA and SLC was great! I had several hours with Jen and Liza - though we did not make it to Central Park. It was too hot and humid! So we stayed inside at her apartment, and ordered in lunch. Very short, but very sweet.

I slept when I got to SLC - I was so tired for some reason and just needed to sleep. And that's what I did. It was great!

I had a great cabin crew on the SLC overnight, but one of the flight attendants on the LGA overnight was a bit different. She was nowhere to be found at show time, and when she did arrive she had a long story about the hotel van. The other flight attendant in the back used to fly with her all the time, and said, "she always has such creative stories." Hmmmm. The thing is, she was the CPT's pet, so nothing will ever be said to anyone in charge.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever heard of a guy getting a "kitchen pass" from his wife? A co-worker told me that a CPT hit her with that line a couple weeks ago - he wanted to know what she could do for him! OMG. How disgusting is that?!?!? She had gone to the flight deck to give the first officer a potty break, and this is what the CPT said to her. She replied, "So...where are you taking the kids for vacation this year?" Good comeback for an uncomfortable situation!

Speaking of uncomfortable situations, when I was on the NYC subway the other day heading to Jen's apartment, a strange looking man boarded my car and said to me, "Are you rich?" I just looked at him and laughed! Then he started hitting on the young girl sitting across from me. At first she listened to him, and then she went back to her book. Finally, he gave up and got off at the next stop - when a woman walked on, he said to her, "Stay good looking, cause if you don't you'll be ugly!" I wonder how long it took him to come up with that comment.

Today when I arrived at DIA to sit the couch, I walked from one end of the A concourse to the other to get a bit of exercise, and I saw some of the strangest looking outfits! First, there was a family of five - the older couple were dressed like "Dr. Quinn - Medicine Woman," as were the younger couple, pushing a stroller with a young'un. And, of course, I later saw one of the couples in the leather-goods store on the concourse! The other strange-looking person was going to Detroit. He was very tall and very thin, dressed all in patchwork leather. He had lace-up boots, and his leather pants were tight, tight, tight! His outfit was topped off with the kind of hat that Robin Hood would wear - complete with a foot-long feather! If I had had my camera, I would have snapped a pic - but how do you do that without them seeing you and punching you in the face?

I am off duty in 15 minutes. I started out with two others, but they were both sent on trips. So sad. So I cleaned up the crewroom, organized the "Lost and Found," and did all my online training courses (one was due before I go to my annual training, and all the other courses were due by the end of this year)!

I fully expect to be sent somewhere, sometime...I just don't know when or where. As a co-worker said to me today, "I'm finding that meditation, medication and alcohol are helping me tolerate being on reserve." So true, so true.

No comments: