Friday, August 13, 2010

What Really Happened?

Now that the media circus surrounding Steven Slater's dramatic slide to unemployment has died down a bit, more information is coming out. Passengers who were on the flight are being interviewed, the timeline is being changed, and observations are changing. He may not be the hero that I had hoped he was. Darn.

I'm now officially "on vacation" for seven days - I've already had three days off so far. However, nothing has gone as planned. Originally, I was supposed to be leaving MD to come back to CO right now, but I ended up getting sick and staying home, instead. Then next week, I was going to go to Breck with a fellow flight attendant for a few days, but then Jen changed her plans and was coming into town. But now her flights are getting fuller and fuller, so maybe I'll end up in Breck, after all? Or maybe in NYC? Who knows? And during my last four days off, I'm going to try to go to MD. It's a good thing that I am flexible, huh?

I do know that I have to get my husband's bookkeeping done, weeds pulled in the yard, and assorted other stuff around the house. Fun, fun.

But what I SHOULD DO is chuck it all and head to some warm sunny beach with palm trees! Ahhhh. I can feel myself relaxing already. Does anyone have a friend who has a house on a beach with a spare guestroom?  :)

No comments: