Saturday, August 21, 2010

All Aboard!

How 2010ish of me - I am blogging on a train from NYC to Bay Head, NJ. Woo hoo!

I have been on vacation/days off since Tuesday, 8/10/10. I spent the first week hanging out around the house, doing odd jobs such as weeding the yard, doing bookwork, lunching with friends, etc. Then on Tuesday, 8/17/10 - my birthday - I treated myself to a trip to NYC to see my little girl, her fiance, and my brand new grandpuppy!

I got on the flight with no problem - I was #1 on the non-rev list, and got assigned to a seat in stretch seating. I SLEPT the entire flight. Ahhhhhh. I think I was tired. Then I took a taxi to Jen's apartment, and the adventure began!

We've gone on short puppy walks, long puppy walks, to the dog park, had lots of delicious lunches and dinners, and lots of just hanging out. It has been delightful!I got Jen to go to the doctor to see what they had to say about her cough and her migrane - it turns out that she has bronchitis! Now, how the doctor knew that is a mystery to her and I, because all the doctor did was look in her ears and nose, listen to her chest, and that was pretty much it! Also, the doctor donned a face mask, complete with a clear plastic eye shield, when she heard that Jen had a cough. It was so weird. But at least she wrote an RX for an antibiotic and a heavy-duty cough syrup so that Jen could get a good night's sleep.

We ended the visit with an awesome pedicure at Dashing Divas, compliments of James (it was my birthday present). Thanks, James! It was a very nice visit, as I continue to get to know James and enjoy watching the both of them handling parenthood with their new puppy!

I am now on my way to Bay Head, NJ, where my sister Nancy will pick me up. We'll spend the day together, she's taking me to dinner for my birthday, and then tomorrow after Church I'll head back to NYC and on to LGA to catch a shuttle flight to DCA - then I'll spend a few days visiting with my Mom, my sister and her family.

From what I hear, things have slowed down a bit at work - I am already at 83 hours credit for the month (which includes my vacation, sick days and actual days worked) - and I've actually worked only 9 days. Nice, huh? It was a grueling 9 days, but I survived!

No comments: