Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Variations

I had a couch sit on my first day of duty - I bid for the 4PM to 10PM shift and got it! Then the next day crew scheduling called to tell me that they changed the shift to 2PM to 8PM...hmmmmmm. I have since found out that I did NOT need to call them back and come in at 2PM. But what if they had called and given me a trip? I believe that takes precedence...I guess I had better sit down and read the Flight Attendant Handbook.

Before I left at 8PM, I found out that I had been assigned a 3-day trip for the last three days of duty. Yay! No short calls for me...! I had a late morning show time the next day, so I went ahead and printed up my crew lists and schedule. But when I arrived the next day, another of the senior mamas on the trip dropped out and I had another reserve - Janice. She was so much fun! My kind of humor.

We had the first night in Kansas City, MO and the second was in Washington, DC. Unfortunately, our layovers were a bit short, so we couldn't do much. We flew on both A320s and A319s. The CPT and FO were easy to work with - thank goodness!

When I returned to DEN at 10:30AM, I was released to my VACATION DAYS! Woo hoo! I had five days of vacation and two days off. Yay!

I spent several days at home, attending fireworks displays and doctor's appointments, and I'm now at our cabin in Breckenridge for a few days. It is nice and quiet here - perfect for relaxing!

No comments: