Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Under the Radar

I guess I am under Crew Scheduling's radar today...YAY! I have been really relaxed, too...I even took my chances and went out shopping for baby shower gifts (next week I'm going to a shower celebrating the babies of THREE reserve flight attendants)! It was a lot of fun, and I didn't even worry about getting a call. I even went out without my uniform! Woo hoo! I'm a crazy gal!

I left off on Sunday when I had a three hour sit at DIA. Fortunately, there were lots of people to sit around and talk to, including my buddy, Jenn. It made those three hours fly by. During that time I found out that one of the flight attendants who was assigned to my trip had called in sick, and my classmate, Renate, would be joining the trip! Yay! She wasn't real happy about it, because she had just flown in from SLC and crew scheduling gave this to her. She said she now had a 13 hour day...I told her that my day was going to be 14 hours...I win!

The third FA was Vicky - a really nice lineholder from DFW. We had given her a "ride home" during my trip last week. Our flightdeck crew was really great, too.

As expected, most of the passengers slept from SFO to MKE, and we were all EXHAUSTED when we headed to the hotel at 6AM. Surprisingly, I slept only until around 11AM and then headed over to the mall to walk around and pick up some lunch. I had planned on meeting the crew at Happy Hour in the bar from 4:30PM to 6:30PM, but I ended up taking a nap, instead!

It's too bad I didn't go, because the First Officer, John and Renate got invited to go to the Milwaukee Brewers baseball game by a guy who had 40 tickets! All they had to do was pay for their ride there. At the game, the FO and Renate moved down to row 16 instead of sitting in the nosebleed section (the FO has "a way" about him), and then he invited himself to a tailgate party in after the game! It was Renate's first tailgate - she's from Switzerland and I guess they haven't picked up on that yet. Anyway, I felt bad that I missed out, but when you can't stay awake, I guess I was better off taking a nap!

I did wake up in time, though, to see "The Bachelorette" and "Nightline" afterwards, that was talking all about "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" series. Unfortunately, I found it very hard to go to sleep! Argh!!! I really didn't sleep THAT LONG!

Our flight back to DEN on Tuesday morning was great - the passengers were happy, my co-workers worked well together - it was a really good trip. There was a non-rev FA on board who had been with Midwest Airlines for 20 years. She's now a Frontier flight attendant, BELOW me in seniority. We talked for quite awhile...

Once in Denver, I heard those MAGICAL WORDS, "You are released to 10 hours rest." I would be back on duty at 9PM, and there are no flights they could assign me to, so I knew I had the rest of the night off. And then today, there have been no phone calls!

Back on duty on Saturday for SIX DAYS! Stay tuned...

No comments: