Sunday, January 31, 2010

Heading Home

After a very nice evening with friends, I slept in a bit today! Then I decided to go out and explore. There's a great mall next door to the hotel - the only thing it is lacking is a movie theater. I walked all around the mall, then went out the door at the opposite end and checked out a fantastic grocery store! It had lots of unique items, lots of fresh food - but the only thing I couldn't find was a plain old salad bar! Oh well.

Next, I ventured across the highway and found a Bed, Bath & Beyond, a Michael's and a bunch more stores. Down the street was a Walgreen's, where I stopped and picked up a few items. There were tons of restaurants - a sushi bar, Pizzaria Uno's, Chipotle, a steakhouse, an Italian place, McDonald's, Claim Jumper - I could go on and on!

But, back to the hotel I went where I "borrowed" a microwave that was sitting in the hallway and heated up my tomato soup! Such a good girl...

Gotta go - the van will be here soon to take us back to the airport. Today we're heading to Las Vegas for 40 minutes and then back to Denver and my TWO DAYS off.

No comments: