Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I enjoyed my four days of relaxation (12/27-12/30) and then won a bid to do a stand-up to San Jose for New Year's Eve. I did it on purpose, believe it or not...by being awarded that trip, I got to stay at home most of 12/31, thus spending time with Jen and her boyfriend, James, who had flown in late the previous night.

We all went to lunch together, and then they headed to the cabin in Breckenridge for the night. Later on, I headed to DIA for my flight. All went well - as one of the passengers boarded, a nice-looking blonde-haired woman, I wanted to stop her and say, "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" Fortunately, I didn't. She was very pleasant during the flight, not at all demanding. After awhile, I realized that it was probably Tatum O'Neal. When I got home, I Googled her to hear her voice, and sure enough, it was Tatum. She has a very distinctive voice.

We got to the hotel at 11PM local time and I sent a New Year's text to Jen and James and then went to bed. Our van time was 5:15AM, which was pretty good for a stand-up. When I got back to Denver I was released to my one day off...and since I got home at Noon on New Year's Day, I ended up having 1 1/2 days off! Woo hoo!

All four of us went out to eat on New Year's Day night, and enjoyed authentic Fish and Chips at the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor. What a delicious meal! Then we went to see Sherlock Holmes. I can't say that it was as good as the meal. But everyone else seemed to enjoy it. It was too action-packed, too violent, etc. for me. I would much rather see a nice romantic comedy!

On my day off, I hung out with Jen while Greg and James went out to breakfast together to "talk." Then Jen took James out for the day to show him the sights of our fair city.

Unfortunately, both of them had to leave today...but instead of Jen flying on Northwest via Minneapolis, she managed to get on one of our direct flights to LGA! An Aspen flight didn't arrive in time, so the plane took off with available seats. Woo hoo! Then James took off a couple hours later on JetBlue to JFK - we had a nice lunch and chat before he left.

Now I'm sitting in the crewroom waiting for my showtime to arrive - I'm flying to Orlando this afternoon, spending 10 hours there, and I'll be back in Denver at 10:30AM tomorrow. I sure hope that they release me to my one day off!!! That'd be awesome!

No comments: