Sunday, December 20, 2009

What Day is it?

I am not really sure where I am, and I'm too lazy to get up and read the address on the stationery in the desk drawer...

Let's see...I started this trip on Friday night, I think. We flew from Denver to Los Angeles in the evening, and then we flew a redeye from Los Angeles to Milwaukee! We arrived in Milwaukee at 5AM. I haven't done one of those in a long, long time. (Mainly because we didn't have any!) Fortunately, our hotel is very comfortable and quiet, and I was able to sleep in until 3:30PM! Nice.

It was an easy flight, too - as soon as we did the two beverage services and served the warm chocolate chip cookies, most everyone fell asleep. My hardest job at the point was staying awake! But I did it.

On Saturday night, we had a van time of 8:30PM or so - this time we were flying from Milwaukee back to Los Angeles, arriving at around 1AM. This flight also went very well. We did all our services, served our warm cookies and milk, and everyone slept! We arrived at our Los Angeles hotel and settled in for a nice sleep - but I made the mistake of turning on the TV. I get sucked into that thing, and last night was no exception. HBO was showing Sex and the City - The Movie, and I watched it all. By the time it was done, it was 4:30AM. That's the second night in a row that I stayed up all night!

This morning I woke up at 10AM, and I actually feel pretty good! We had a busier day today - we had to fly to Denver, change planes and then fly to Dallas for the night. Today we were Frontier Airlines the entire day. Yay! That means no warm cookies...but that's ok. We get to fly back home tomorrow in the early afternoon.

This 4-day trip has been pretty good, even though it had a redeye and another late night arrival. I actually feel good and rested. The other flight attendants have been a lot of fun to work with, and we've all gotten along beautifully. I haven't heard any criticism from my co-workers. Yay!

In fact, the only problem that we seem to be having is with the captain. He's weird. Nice guy, but very different. Doesn't seem to be a team player with the rest of us kids. For example, he left us at the hotel this afternoon - he got on the shuttle bus before the "van time," and the next van wasn't coming for another 20 minutes or so. The rest of us ended up walking down to the street in front of the hotel, and we flagged down a shuttle van that happened to be driving by. That's kind of sad. But those drivers know we tip, and it's a quick way for them to make a few bucks. we must have looked pathetic.

Anyway, we got to the airport on time and an uneventful flight to Denver and then on to Dallas. But it sure felt like a long day. It's now midnight here in Dallas, and I'm not really tired at all. I have turned into a night owl!

I hope I'll be sent home tomorrow after we get back to Denver...I have one day off to finish up all my Christmas preparations. I just need to wrap some presents, purchase a few small gifts, and I think I'm done. I'd like to bake some Christmas cookies, too...stay tuned.

No comments: