Sunday, December 13, 2009

Josh's First Flight!

Yesterday, I got a call from Crew Scheduling which assigned me to a two-day trip. I spent last night in Chicago - we got in really late and left this morning...so I didn't get together with anyone while I was there - I used the time to SLEEP. After flying back to Denver, we had a Kansas City "victory lap." But this was not just an ordinary victory lap...

The CPT's 3 year old son, Josh (and his Mom) were going to fly with us! It was Josh's first airplane trip ever! He was so adorable! On the flight to MCI, they sat near the back and it was a really short flight, so I didn't get to go back and check on him (I was the A). On the return flight, I gave them seats in Row 1 - it was so much fun to watch the little guy. Some of the fun things that went on were:

- watching the CPT put his CPT's hat on his son's head and taking his picture sitting in the CPT's chair.
- watching Josh strut around with his flight jacket on.
- seeing Josh's face when I gave him a smiley face pin (instead of a set of wings, which I didn't have.
- watching Josh's reaction when Dwayne announced that Josh was onboard, and was the son of the CPT, and asked everyone to give Josh a round of applause for being on today's flight.
- being able to pamper Josh with tv, a special sippy cup, a snack, a coloring book & crayons, and a "Junior Flight Attendant" official certificate signed by the entire crew (including CPT Daddy).
- watching Josh tell the passengers "goodbye!" as they left the aircraft.

I am so glad that I got to witness Josh's trip today. It gave me goosebumps for the entire day and almost brought me to tears several times! Awesome. THIS is why I love my job.

No comments: