Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ahhhhh...What a Great Trip!

Even though this most recent trip included a redeye flight from LAX to MKE, I actually had a great time! The redeye was at the start of the trip, and there were lots of long layovers with late show times that helped all of us to catch up on our sleep!

Fortunately, the three of us (flight attendants) got along famously, and there was no drama. The First Officer was a lot of fun to kid around with, and he added to our fun. And, as I mentioned in my last post, the only strangeness was our Captain. I asked him if he was from Aspen, but he was from Idaho. Hmmmm. When asked what he was giving his kids for Christmas, he said "family time" and "love." Well okay, then. Definitely a guy marching to the beat of his own drummer.

It turns out that everyone else had a DFW turn after we got to DEN, but that wasn't on the trip that I was assigned! So I was free to go...I got a hug from Sammy, a hug and kiss from Suzanne, a friendly smile from the First Officer, and a handshake from the Captain. I told him that he was going to miss working with me...

I am now on my one day off. I have to wrap presents, do laundry, do a mystery shop and then I have to "play the game" to see what I get assigned for tomorrow...I am hoping for the B couch so that I can be in Denver when Jen's flight arrives from NYC, and then hopefully be able to drive her home to Colorado Springs! I am scheduled to work through 12/26...I am looking forward to the day when I no longer have to pull holiday duty.

But, I do have 12/27-12/30 off from work, and then 1/2-1/5. So I will make the most of Jen's visit...it'll be good to hang out with her again, and I look forward to when her boyfriend, James, arrives on 12/30. Until then...I have to keep my fingers crossed that I either get to stay home on Christmas or, if I am sent out, that it's a nice hotel with a nice crew. My fingers are crossed!

No comments: