Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Day Off...

Since I got back from Vegas, life has been pretty quiet. I had to sit the couch at DIA from Noon until 6PM on Friday, the same day that Jen left to go back to NYC. So I just went to work early! I saw her off, and then hung around the concourse until it was time to report to work. On Saturday, I was awarded an RNF - a term for a day off without pay. That was nice. And on Sunday, I got assigned to the 6AM until Noon shift on the couch...and at 11AM I was pulled off the couch to help board a flight to Indianapolis. The flight attendant assigned to the trip had not shown up! Crew scheduling then called me and told me that I was going on the trip.

It was a good trip - I was the B flight attendant in the back of the plane, and that was good since I had no notice to get my act together! When we got to IND, I had planned on doing a bit of shopping, but it was 5PM and most of the stores closed at 6PM on Sundays. So I stopped at a local restaurant, got a bit of take-out, and headed back to my room in the rain. Of course, I had left my umbrella in my bag in the room!

When we returned to Denver on Monday morning, I was released for 10 hours. THAT was nice. I don't remember a whole lot, since I took a nice nap...but during the evening, I got a call from Crew Scheduling assigning me to a LaGuardia turn on Tuesday.

I'm really good about being happy and accepting my fate with a smile on my face...but getting an LGA turn is a tough one. Only 45 minutes on the ground, and my daughter is only 45 minutes away. It just KILLS me. Especially since the CPT and FO get to get off and spend the night there, and we get a new CPT and FO. Not fair, huh?

I start five days on duty tomorrow, and am patiently awaiting my fate. Some of my co-workers got only 40 hours for last month - I ended up working 62 hours, but I got paid for 75. I think it's better than working only 40 hours, spending the rest of those hours wondering and waiting by the phone.

Out of the 13 furloughed flight attendants who were invited to return in late December, six have accepted the invitation. I haven't heard which ones. The next wave will return early next year, so that they can be ready to fly the new aircraft that we are getting in February, March and April! I also heard that we're planning on growing 10%. Yippee!!!

No comments: